A variation of an old appetizer and one of the first recipes I came up with. It’s a southwestern twist and great for serving at parties.
This is a great recipe for parties, football games, and all around deliciousness.
Ingredients for Bacon Scallops:
- 1/2 lb of Bay Scallops
- 1lb of bacon
- 1 packet of tooth picks
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Black Pepper
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (optional)
Bacon Scallop Recipe:
** Preheat your oven to 375
- Lay out your bacon and splash it all with the Frank’s Hot Sauce. Rub the hot sauce in until you bacon is red, then wash your hands.
- In a bowl mix together the seasonings and pepper to taste.
- Evenly rub the seasoning over all the bacon.
- Wrap the bacon around the scallops and place a tooth pick through. Then cut off the excess bacon and wrap around another. Repeat until you have all your bacony delights.
- Place on a sheet pan in preheated oven and set the timer to about 20 minutes until the bacon is the crispiness you want it. and enjoy
- Turn broiler to high, top each of the scallops with a little bit of the Shredded Monterey Jack cheese and place back in the oven until melted. Remove from oven and enjoy EVEN MORE!
Sour Cream Ranch Dip Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup of room temp cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon juiced
Sour Cream Ranch Dip Recipe:
- Mix all ingredients and serve, with a dill garnish
This is a nice little treat for a casual event, also great grilled, but be sure to flip them at least one while cooking and soak your toothpicks so they don’t burn.