Welcome to “How To” on Eating In Bed! It’s hard to learn how to cook with no explanation of the methods you’re using, so this section of the site is dedicated to making delicious food accessible, and fun,while introducing you to the proper execution of cooking techniques!
It’s Valentine’s Day, and I’m a little late to publishing this article, so I figured that dessert was the best way to go for the special day. And what’s better than chocolate covered strawberries with that little hint of Nestle’s Crunch to them, and infusing of champagne? You will need a syringe for this, and a bottle of prosecco or champagne. I recommend something in the $10-$15 dollar range like the Barefoot Pinot Grigio (my favorite). But these are a great variation from the boring old plain chocolate dipped plain strawberries and they’re inspired by the way my brother swooned his wife, so I thought it a perfectly romantic reason to pay homage!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CRUNCH DIPPED STRAWBERRIES
- 1lb Large Fresh Strawberries (rinsed and patted dry)
- 1lb of Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Morsels
- 1 1/2 – 2 Cups rice crispies TM
- 1 Bottle of Sparkling Pinot Grigio a la Barefoot TM
- 1 Syringe
- 1 Glass Bowl (to make a double boiler)
- Lay out your Strawberries on a baking sheet COVERED WITH WAX PAPER with 1/2′ of space between them
- Open your champagne and put into a small glass
- Fill the syringe with the champagne
- Insert syringe about 1/4′ into the center of the strawberry and depress the champagne into the strawberry
- Repeat with the remaining strawberries
- Fill a medium/small pot about 2 inches with water, have another cup of water standing by for when that evaporates
- Get a bowl or rounded bottom pot that will fit on top the first small pot with the water
- Bring the small pot with water up to a boil
- Place the second pot/bowl on top of that, and add in the Chocolate Chip Morsels
- Stir constantly until melted (adding water to the bottom pot as needed)
- Lower heat of bottom pot to low when chocolate has melted
- At this time, throw your rice crispies in a blender or food processor and pulse 1 to 2 seconds, you could even just roughly mince them for a few seconds
- Turn off the heat on the double boiler and set aside the chocolate
- Add the rice crispies chunks and fold them in to the chocolate
- Grab a strawberry by the green leaves and dip it 3/4’s of the way into the chocolate (Do this quickly as the chocolate will harden again and the rice crispies will get soggy if you reheat the chocolate more than once)
- Set it down on the wax paper and repeat
I love champagne, strawberries, chocolate, and most of all Crunch Bars! So why would you not want to combine all these things for the one you love? Even if you had a horrible date, the waiter dropped your soup on you, the cab driver didn’t have change, or maybe you couldn’t get a baby sitter. You know what? You can still have some delicious strawberries with some champagne, and end the night great! Good luck lovers!
Did you find this How To helpful? Is there something you want to know “How To” make? Be sure to leave your questions, and ideas below!