All my life I have struggled with weight loss, I weighed around 250lbs my sophomore year of high school. Since then I’ve been able to get down to 200, over and over again, but I want to go beyond that and not have to worry about a number, instead I want to worry about how I feel. After seeing the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, I decided it was time to devote myself to making healthier life decisions, and my first decision was to go on a micro-nutrient rich juice diet or fast. In a juice diet, all of the debris clinging to your insides is cleared out, which allows the body to naturally absorb more nutrients. The juice itself is loaded with micro-nutrients in higher content than you could ever attain by just eating regular fruit and vegetables, so your body is able to utilize much more of these resources in the struggle to win your body back to the side of healthiness.
It’s true, I’m back on my juice diet, and I’m at the healthy weight of 195lbs, but I don’t want to be on my death bed and say I’ve never seen my abs, my muscles, a physically fit body, so I’m continuing until I reach my goal. I took 1 week back in the reality of delicious food and was shown a restaurant, Hot’s Kitchen, that exploded my conceptions of a la carte dining, and upscale American fare with good prices. Now you may be asking, “How can you have had something so amazing and continue to do some sick vegan juice diet?” And the answer is a simple series of statements.
1. Your sense of smell is incredibly heightened when you haven’t eaten in days, and I grew up with horrible allergies. As I’m typing this my nose itches. My nose is more in tune with the smells of individual flavors, spices, herbs, it’s like having a super power.
2. The masochism of my nutrition knowledge. Not many people know that I’ve been researching the individual impacts and nutrient densities of foods on the human body for years. While some of the juices I have made tasted absolutely horrible, I can’t complain with losing 3lbs in 1 day because I went with fiber dense vegetables that would keep me feeling fuller longer.
4. I will make a good tasting savory juice. I’ve failed twice now with a horrible spicy beef jerky juice that was supposed to be a bloody mary juice, and my attempt to recreate the flavors of V8 Juice without the use of pasteurization did not end well either.
3. It’s cool having your body be a science experiment!
BUT ON TO THE JUICE
This was a juice I made during the last juice diet and at the time I made I could not handle the idea of something wildly nutrient dense like a broccoli, kale, beet juice. I needed something with sugar, large quantities of fruit sugar to detract from the inability to create a savory juice and this one turned out exceedingly well. It also has ginger to purify your dietary tract and arugula, which is nutrient dense. I drank it all day and my only complaint was too much ginger, so I’ve adjusted it in the ingredients list to be more of a tone in the juice instead of the trumpet player. This one will definitely satiate your sweet tooth with over 2lbs of grapes and fresh fruit, while the ginger and arugula keep it light and refreshing.
- 1 lb Red Grapes
- 1/2 lb Green Grapes
- 1/2 Honey Dew
- 2 Medium Granny Smith Apples
- 3 Medium Naval Oranges
- 1/4 Package of Baby Carrots
- 1 5oz Package Arugula
- 1/4′ Ginger Root
- This one’s really easy
- Just cut the skin off the honey dew
- Peel your oranges
- Core your apples
- Chop up the oranges, apples, honey dew
- JUICE IT UP!
Have you gone on a juice diet? I had quite a few friends do it with me, one lost 20lbs in 10 days another that lost 10lbs in 4 days. It’s really great if you just want to readjust your diet. Are you thinking about going on a juice diet? Please voice your questions or concerns, or if you’re just looking for someone to do it with you, let me know!