All my life I have struggled with weight loss, I weighed around 250lbs my sophomore year of high school. Since then I’ve been able to get down to 200, over and over again, but I want to go beyond that and not have to worry about a number, instead I want to worry about how I feel. After seeing the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, I decided it was time to devote myself to making healthier life decisions, and my first decision was to go on a micro-nutrient rich juice diet or fast. In a juice diet, all of the debris clinging to your insides is cleared out, which allows the body to naturally absorb more nutrients. The juice itself is loaded with micro-nutrients in higher content than you could ever attain by just eating regular fruit and vegetables, so your body is able to utilize much more of these resources in the struggle to win your body back to the side of healthiness.
This is my first day of juicing, and this my first juice. If you know me, you know I love the show True Blood on HBO. If you don’t know me, now you know that about me. The first juice I made to start my diet was an ALL fruit juice, it consists of granny smith apples, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries, and it is delicious. If you have a sweet tooth, you will love this juice. It’s dark and almost frothy because a juicer can’t stop all of the pulp so it looks similar to blood, and I immediately thought of True Blood! Without further ado, here is my first juice recipe!
- 2 Medium Granny Smith Apples – Cored & Chopped
- 1 – 6oz Package Blackberries
- 1 – 6oz Package Raspberries
- 6 – 7 Strawberries – Green removed
- Prep your strawberries by gutting the leafy part
- Core and chop up your apple
- Turn on your juicer to the high setting for starchier foods like apples
- Juice your apples
- Lower the speed for softer fruits
- Juice your strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries (be especially careful with the blackberries as they’ll stain surfaces and clothing with splash-back)
- Stir to combine and freeze for 15-20 minutes until cold and enjoy!