Recently I’ve been on a weight loss binge and with that comes light, fresh, lean proteins and spicy peppers. This dish combines the two with a tender swai filet topped with Serrano peppers, vegetables, and cilantro. I utilize the heat and flavor of Serrano peppers to bring life to a generally bland cut of fish like tilapia, pollock, or in this case swai. The mixture of mustard and artichoke marinade makes the flavors pop and creates a mind numbingly delicious dish! All the veggies roasted with the fish still have a good crunch too! This one’s really simple, and can be prepared in less than 25 minutes. It’s a crowd pleaser also, a few of my friends tried a bite and then finished off the whole fish!
- 2 1/2lb Swai Filets
- 1/3 Cup Marinated Artichoke Heart Marinade
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper – Diced
- 1/4 Red Onion – Diced
- 2 Thinly Sliced Serrano Peppers
- 1 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Pepper
- 2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro – Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice *optional*
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Chop and dice your vegetables and cilantro
- Combine vegetables, cilantro, and liquid ingredients in a bowl
- Combine seasonings and season both filets
- Place filets on an oiled baking dish
- Top the fish with the mixed vegetables and remaining liquid
- Roast for 15 minutes and they’ll be perfectly cooked every time!
This dish is great on a bed of couscous with some fresh green beans. It’s perfect for the summer, and could be done on the grill if you just lay some aluminum foil on the grates. It would perfectly paired with a nice mojito or margarita and a sunny backyard! I hope you like it, and if you do you’d better tell me!