This is another guest post from Marthe De La Torre and Saggers for a delicious and healthy meal. This time their offering up a soup that’s a great pairing to the Light & Delicious Arugula Salad they sent me last week. It’s another simple dish that doesn’t have too many ingredients or prep, but has very clean and elegant flavors. So without further ado here is the recipe!
DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE?
Send it to: Eating In Bed
RECIPE FROM: LAURA SAGGERS & MARTHE DE LA TORRE
Time: 10 Mins
Calories: Less than 100 (Excluding Breadstick)
- 1 Large Celery Stalk – Chopped in chunky slices, washed
- 10 Small Baby Carrots – Peeled, washed, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 Large Red Onion – Sliced into thick slivers
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Bouillon
- 1 Tsp All Spice
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp of Corn Starch
- Small/Medium cooking pot filled 3/4 with filtered water
- Chop vegetables and add to water.
- Heat the water to a boil, reduce to a medium simmer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. (Constantly taste throughout the cooking process in case you wish to add more spice for your own desired flavor.)
- Soup should be thin, but if you prefer, add more Corn Starch. (Remember to mix it first in water before adding )
- Cook for 15 mins or until the carrots are tender crisp. (soft, and firm)
- Add more of the spices if you prefer and serve in glorious gorgeous pots that scream out fabulous.
- Slap a bread stick over the top for decoration and serve.
I hope you all like this, and be sure to comment on how it turns out!