Yet another amazing guest post! I’m so glad we have awesome fans submitting delicious delights! Today we have a healthy offering! This salad has candied walnuts, craisins, and a low sodium vinaigrette. Great as a refreshing and light summer salad, also good for the starter in a date night dish! They also provided us with the prep/cook time and calorie count! How amazingly thoughtful.
DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE?
Send it to: Eating In Bed
RECIPE FROM: LAURA SAGGERS & MARTHE DE LA TORRE
Time: 10 mins
Calories: 370 per person
- 1 x medium bag of fresh arguala leaves
- 1x ripe avocado – cut into square chunks
- 1x green apple – sliced
- 1/2 red onion – sliced into thin slithers
- 10 baby carrots – washed and cut into small chunks
- 1x large celery stick – cut up into thick slivers
- 1 x hand full of fresh celantro – chopped
- 1 x hand full of honey glazed candid walnuts (vons)
- 2 X hand fulls of craisins (dried cranberries)
- Throw all ingredients into a bowl and toss. Couldn’t be easier.
- Tip – keep chopped ingredients reasonable thin yet but thick enough to retain texture and flavor presence.
- To reduce calories remove the walnuts, BUT they really do taste amazing in this.
- Find a local Raspberry Vinaigrette. Trader Joes has a great one and so does Vons. Try to get a low sodium dressing. Salt makes you retain water and puffs out your skin, so reducing it as much as possible really will improve your over all health, well being, and looks.
- Drizzle dressing generously over the top.
- Toss just once more and serve.
I hope you all like this, and be sure to comment on how it turns out!