HELLO TO ALL!
Today’s Baking with Blake features one of my favorite cakes, Angel Food Cake! This version is done with a Strawberry Glaze! Sadly the camera we were using ran out of batteries and we had no charger 😦 (thanks Steve!) The cake was moist and flavorful with amazing aeration of the cake itself and a delicious tartness from the Strawberry Glaze. All I need to say is that the cake didn’t last 1 day. Either way, here it is, and below the video is how you make the Strawberry Glaze.
STRAWBERRY GLAZE INGREDIENTS
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Diced Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Shot Armagnac (Cognac will work also)
- In a Medium Sauce Pan combine the Sugar and Water over Medium-Low Heat
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved
- Add Strawberries and Armagnac
- Stir, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until the liquid has thickened and is reduced about about 1/3
- Remove from Heat put in a bowl and put sauce in Freezer for 10-15 minutes until cooled to near room temperature
- Pour the glaze ALLLLLL over the cake and let it sit for about 5 minutes to absorb some of the goodness