All I need to say is boom, this pizza’s incredible! This is a great introduction for people that want to make pizza, but find the process daunting. It’s simple, fresh, and straightforward.
This is a variation of a pizza one of my cooking buddies makes. It’s surprisingly simple and the key is a rolling pin and flour. I’ve made this a few times now and the one pictured here I did with pizza sauce on the entire crust because I wanted to go crazy, but the recipe’s for a regular BBQ pizza. Either way, it’s delicious and not too sweet, the cilantro freshens the whole dish and keeps you feeling lean. The thin cracker crust combines the flavors well and Trader Joe’s offers dough in Plain, Wheat, and Garlic & Herb!
- SOME FLOUR!
- 1 Frozen Trader Joe’s Dough **You can usually get 2 big pizzas from 1 dough pouch***
- 2 Cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Spicy Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Onion Finely Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 Frozen Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 1 Lb Shredded Mozzarella (DON’T USE IT ALL JUST COVER YOUR PIZZA)
- 1 Handful Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450
- Follow the instructions on the pizza dough EXCEPT! after you’ve rolled it out to about 1/4 inch thickness, toss it in the oven for 5-7 minutes so it’s like a cracker crust
- Fill a pot halfway with water, add some salt and bring to a boil, then toss in the chicken
- In a medium saucepan combine all the wet ingredients, chop up your onions and garlic and throw them in too, bring it to a boil then lower to a simmer
- After 10 minutes the frozen chicken should be almost cooked, remove it from the water and chop it into bite-size cubes. Even if it’s still a little uncooked in the middle, chop it, and toss it in the BBQ sauce. Let it simmer in the sauce for 5 minutes
- After you’ve partially baked your pizza dough remove it from the oven and let it sit a minute or too, top it with the chicken BBQ sauce, top that with cheese and throw it in the oven for 8-12 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and the crust too (you can brush the crust with oil or eggwash to gold it more thoroughly)
- Remove from oven, slice, and garnish with cilantro that’s been ripped up by hand
This is great for parties because you decide the portions, it’s also a fun way to get the family to cook together, because who doesn’t love pizza!?