There are plenty of full grown men that love the flavor of a well made Shirley Temple. There are also plenty of people that have a taste for Gin. Why not marry the two?
There are 3 main options often used in the soda element of the childhood delight: 7UP (traditionally), Sprite (my favorite), and Ginger Ale.
Now that that’s in the open, it’s time for the cherry delight; you can use either Grenadine or Maraschino Cherry Syrup.
My preferred gin is Tanqueray. Now for the recipe!
- 1 Can Sprite (or 7UP)
- 1/3 cup Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 2 Shots Gin (preferably Tanqueray)
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
- *Optional* Juice of a slice of lime and a fresh slice to garnish with
- Put some Ice in your glass
- Pour in Gin
- Pour in Maraschino Cherry Juice
- Pour in Sprite (or 7UP) to the top
- Top with a Maraschino Cherry
So for the frou frou man in all of us, enjoy the Shirley Ginple