Originally I had wanted to make Lemon Green Beans with Shaved Almonds, which I’ll post soon, but I forgot the Almonds so this is the delight I came up with. It has hints of oniony/garlicky flavor from the leeks, and the blanching keeps the beans crunchy!
- 1 Bag Fresh Green Beans (Cut off the ends and snap ’em)
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Stick Butter
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Leek, Diced
- In a large saute pan bring enough water to submerge the beans to a boil
- The next step? Submerge the beans and bring to a boil
- Cook for about 5 Minutes until Tender Crisp
- Strain and run under cold water until cooled (Blanching)
- Add the Lemon Juice and Butter to the pan
- Add your Diced Leeks and Seasonings
- Cook about 3 Minutes, add the Beans and stir until coated
- Heat until they’re warmed through and serve!