This is a really easy delight to make. It’s a good way to introduce seafood to kids and is a healthier alternative to traditional burgers!
I’m currently very poor, and I’ve been looking through my cabinets for things to make that would be good. I ended up finding a can of tuna and thing of bread crumbs. Then I thought of the new tuna commercials where they say you can jazz it up. I jazzed it up alright! It tastes great, very similar to a crab cake in texture with a tuna flavor. I apologize again for my camera phone pictures. I’m sure they don’t look too appetizing from it, but I thought I’d show the real deal instead of stock photos. Enjoy!
- 1 Can Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tsp Sweet Relish
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dill
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Cup of Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tsp Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Drain the Tuna and rinse with water, empty into a bowl
- Add Mayo, Sweet Relish, Paprika, Dill, Pepper, and 2 tsp Bread Crumbs
- Heat a pan to medium high heat
- Add oil
- Pour cup of Bread Crumbs onto a flat plate
- Form Tuna into 2 flat Patties and coat evenly with Bread Crumbs on both sides
- Carefully put the patties into the hot oil
- Cook for 2 minutes or until browned, flip
- Cook another 2 minutes or until browned
- Remove and serve
I served mine as the protein with a side of Sweet Potatoes and Raisin and Baked Beans. It was a delicious and healthy meal! Very filling, but not too high in the caloric scale!
I hope you guys try this and like it a lot, as always I look forward to your comments, suggestions and ideas. Hopefully this’ll make you think outside the box, or in this case can, of tuna!