This is one that will hurt most peoples’ taste buds. It’ll make you sweat and possibly cry. For all you heat freaks, I hope you enjoy!
I just made this tonight and it was delicious, but super hot. The outside had a nice crunch from the rub, but a tender, juicy inside. The meat was fork/flake tender and the only thing I could think of to make it hotter would be slices of Serrano or Habenero peppers on top.
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp White Pepper
- 2 Tsp Garlic Mrs. Dash
- 2 Tsp Old Bay
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Dill
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 2 Tsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 Catfish Filets
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Heat a pan to medium high heat
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- In another bowl combine the 2 hot sauces and stir til Sriracha is dissolved
- Rinse filets under cold water and pat dry
- Use 1 tsp of Lemon Juice on each Catfish’s top surface
- Rub the Spices from the bowl all over both sides of both filets until coated evenly
- Using your fingers, administer the hot sauce combo, thoroughly coating the entire fish
- WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!
- Put both filets into the pan lemon juiced side down
- Cook for 4 minutes
- Cook 4 minutes (Until both sides are darkened)
- Place them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven
- Cook for 3 minutes
- Turn the Broiler to High
- Keep an eye on your fish at this point and as soon as it looks crispy on the top take it out
- *BROILERS BURN FOOD QUICK, like 10 seconds quick!*
That’s all there is to the hottest Cajun Catfish I’ve ever had, and it’d probably be hotter if you marinade the meat in the hot sauce with the lemon juice. I still have a little left over if anyone has any ideas for how to make it interesting, let me know. I’m thinking a fish taco!