I made this one for my girlfriend because she loves lemon and dill. They’re a great combination, and on a light flaky fish like Tilapia, they give it a nice bold flavor. I hope you all enjoy!
(I broiled mine for the crusty look on top, you don’t have to)
This one’s really easy and takes no time to throw together. Tilapia’s great because it’s a very inexpensive cut of fish. It has a great texture and small flavor, which means you can do almost anything with it. You can have southwestern tilapia, Asian influenced tilapia, Caribbean flavors, European flavors. It’s a very versatile fish, and one of the most common uses for it is ceviche, which is the process of cooking fish with acids from lemons and limes(and sometimes tequila). This steals an ingredient from ceviche, but not the meal itself. Enjoy!
- 1 Medium Baking Dish
- 4 Tilapia Filets
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Mustard
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 2 Tsp Dill
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- In the medium baking dish Combine Fish – Garlic Salt – Old Bay – Paprika – Salt – Dill and ix until all the filets are covered
- In a bowl whisk together the wet ingredients – Honey, Mustard, Lemon Juice, Melted Butter
- Pour the mixture over the Tilapia. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Take the fish out and let it sit for 10 minutes to get closer to room temperature while you preheat the oven to 450
- Place the baking dish in the oven for 7-10 minutes until the fish is flaky and tender.
I hope you guys enjoy this. I like this one pretty well, and it tastes great. But I made it more for my girlfriend, it’s really a little bit better when you just use Lemon juice and dill on the tops of the filets with a little fresh cracked black pepper and salt. And it’s even easier to do, so don’t hesitate to switch it to that recipe. You don’t even need to marinade for that, you just juice it, season it, and toss it in the oven
I hope this has made tilapia a much more inviting fish, and I also have 2 other articles on tilapia coming out. One’s about an Asian glazed tilapia, and the other is for Tilapia cakes, similar to crab cakes, they’re really good too! As always I hope you and enjoy, and please leave your comments and ideas!