Burritos are great, and we all know it. BBQ Sauce is also great, why not add the two with some cheese and make a quick cheap delicious concoction!?
This one’s really quick and easy. I think it may have five ingredients, I didn’t even use any seasonings, just sauces. It took about 20 minutes because of frozen chicken, but it still turned out great, the 20 minutes helps reduce the sauce further.
Makes 2 big burritos
- 4 Chicken Tenders, Frozen
- Enough Barbecue Sauce of your choosing to barely cover the Chicken in a small pot
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 or 2 Tsp Garlic
- 2 Large Burrito Wraps
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (1/2 a cup per burrito)
- In a medium sized pot, place the tenders at the bottom as tight as possible
- Put Pot to Medium High Heat
- Add Worcestershire, Garlic, and Ketchup
- Fill to just above the Chickens with BBQ sauce as they will release added moisture while thawing
- When the sauce begins to boil reduce heat to medium/medium low (A nice Simmer) Keep Covered
- Cook 17-20 Minutes Stirring Occasionally
- While that’s cooking, get out the 2 burritos, add the cheese on them and set aside
- Check a piece of chicken by cutting it in half, if it looks cooked, start pulling the chicken into shreds (The best way I’ve found for shredding is using the back of 2 forks and pulling in different directions)
- Now here’s where it’s decision time, you can either add the chicken back to the sauce and spoon it out from there OR you can put the chicken directly in the burrito and add the sauce from there. If the meat isn’t fully cooked after it was pulled, definitely return it to the sauce
- I recommend Adding sauce as needed as the meat will be very moist.
- Roll it up, eat it up, enjoy!
I know what you’re thinking, and yes I did just eat it with 2 potatoes. . .
This recipe came from having no food and no money to buy food. As they’re called somewhere, MacGuyver Meals. I hope you enjoy this one and please leave comments, they’ve been greatly helpful in coming up with new ideas!