One of the best things I’ve ever eaten. It’s probably a bit bad for you, but I’m not too worried about it. It’s similar to eggs Benedict with a different sauce made from the healthy Laughing Cow Cheese, melted with butter and chopped spinach.
Depending on how you make it, this can be ridiculously healthy or a heart attack, it’s all up to you. Also a blender could be implemented, but I’ve never used one. This breakfast feels like royalty and it’s really simple to make, so any guys trying to impress their ladies with breakfast in bed, this is the ticket. Another thing I like about this recipe is that you can customize it so much, you can flip around some of the ingredients and you’ll come up with another delicious delight. I ESPECIALLY recommend trying it with the other flavors of Laughing Cow Cheeses
- 1 English Muffin, Halved, Toasted
- 2 Medium or Large Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vinegar (Apple Cider if you’re me)
- 2 Triangles Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic and Herb
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Spinach, rolled and sliced
- 2 Slices of Canadian Bacon or Regular Bacon
- 1 or 2 Tbsp Butter (Or Olive Oil)
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Heat a small pan to medium heat and toss your bacon/Canadian bacon on
- Slice your muffin in half and toast it
- in a small pot heat the butter over medium heat
- in a larger pot heat up a lot of water, enough to drop the eggs in and they won’t hit the bottom immediately. . . Turn to high heat, add salt and vinegar, bring to a boil and lower to a simmer
- While the butter’s melting and the water’s heating, roll the spinach leaves up into little bundles and slice them thinly and cook them in the butter until wilted
- Crumble up the cheese triangles in the butter/spinach mixture and hit it with a small splash of vinegar, try to use a tsp or less
- Add the pepper to the mixture and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy. You may need to break down the cheese with a wooden spoon for a little
- Break the eggs into the simmering water and cook for about 5 minutes until the egg is opaque. I recommend using a spider spatula to fish them out because they drain the excess water.
- When the bacon is cooked or the Canadian bacon is slightly caramelized, put them on the toasted muffin halves
- Put the eggs on the bacon
- Top the eggs with the cheesy spinach mixture
- lightly, LIGHTLY, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on the top of each, just for a little reminder of Hollandaise sauce.
- Garnish with either a little diced fresh parsley or cilantro, I prefer cilantro, you could also put a fine dice to a tomato and sprinkle that on top
If you’ve pulled it off right you’ll be a king and women from miles will flock to you for your chefology.(this may not be true) But even if it doesn’t work like that, it’s still one of the breakfasts I’ve ever had. Ironically enough, I find Eggs Benedict to be comfort food, and I was alone in LA when I made this as a substitute for Hollandaise due to the amount of eggs it takes and the amount of money I didn’t have. Enjoy and let me know what you think!