A good way to use a healthy ingredient impractically. It retains a lot of flavor from the marinade and has an unexpected kick. It’s as good as its fried counterpart and healthier for you!
First and foremost I would like to thank anyone that tries my recipes, and I would like to apologize to everyone who has to look at the photos my 1999 cell phone takes! But this one’s a good one, it’s inventive, delicious, and really easy to do. Especially with the thin cut Turkey Tenderloins I got, it cuts the cooking time almost in half.
ALSO BE WARNED! These turkey Cutlets will dry out quick if they’re in the oven too long, and may be soggy if under cooked
- 1 Package of Turkey Tenderloins, a little over a pound or about 7 or 8 slices
- 2 Tsp Paprika X2
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp White Pepper X2
- 2 Tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Shot Tequila
- 3 Tsp Hot Sauce (Frank’s as usual)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Horseradish
- 1/2 Cup Pecorino Romano Grated Cheese
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Crushed Pistachios
- 1/2 Cup Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- In a small Bakeware dish I put in the raw turkey
- Add the wet ingredients (Franks, Tequila, Lime Juice, Horseradish and Mustard)
- add salt and paprika and pepper
- Mix the meat thoroughly and make sure all meat is covered, also be sure to spread the horseradish around if you don’t want a kick in the mouth later on
- Let the meat sit for about a 1/2 hour until at room temperature
- In a bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients – Cheese, Bread Crumbs, Paprika, and White Pepper (You can add garlic or onion powder too if you’d like)
- Break out all the pistachios from their shells, then using a large flat knife, crush them down, and then use the knife to mince them.
- Add Pistachios to breading and mix it all up
- Preheat Oven – 450 Degrees
- Get an Oven Pan and an Oven Pan Rack
- While oven is heating, dredge the marinated meat in the breading and cover it thoroughly
- Place breaded tenders on the rack on the pan
- Put in oven for 5 minutes
- Remove from Oven and flip all tenders (Mine were moist on the bottoms and crunchy on top)
- Turn oven Broil to high
- Return FLIPPED tenders to oven for 2 minutes AND DON’T WALK AWAY FROM THE OVEN! They’ll burn quickly, and you don’t want a cheesy turkey fire in your oven
- Remove and serve with your condiment of choice
I love this recipe for a couple reasons:
- It could be called: Pistachio Romano Crusted Tequila and Lime Turkey Tenderloins with Mustard and Horseradish… Thus giving it a ridiculous name
- The Hot sauce loses its heat during the marinating process, but the horseradish actually delivers the nice kick you’ll get
- The meat’s flavor and the breadings flavor are two unique identities that marry well!
I hope you enjoy this meal and as always please let me hear what you think, I’ve been receiving some great feed back and ideas!