This is one I’m sure not a lot of people have heard of. It’s delicious, and weird and great – It has all the best ingredients, Macaroni Noodles, Ground Beef, Green Peas, and Ketchup
I had this all the time growing up, and I don’t know if I’ve met anyone that’s heard of it to this day. It’s a really simple recipe that I can guarantee almost any kid to like, and anyone on a budget also. You can make it in huge quantities and freeze leftovers, which will keep for almost 3 months. This is indeed for any ketchup fanatics out there! Well let’s get cooking!
- 1 Box Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef (Chuck has a preferred fat content, and Lean works well too, but it cooks faster so be careful)
- 1 Bag of Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Medium Bottle of Ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Pepper
- 2 Tsp Garlic Minced
- In a large pot, boil the Macaroni as the box instructs (add 1tbsp of salt to water to boil faster)
- In a large pan heat to medium high heat
- Break Up the Ground Beef and add to pan in an even layer with garlic spread over it, and 1/2 tbsp salt/pepper
- When the Beef’s released a good bit of its juices and is starting to look more gray on top then red, stir it up and break it up with a wooden spoon so you have little meaty chunks, but definitely leave some large chunks
- Add the peas to the ground beef and when it’s browned drain the meat through a colander. Return to same pan and lower heat to Medium Low
- Drain Macaroni, add to sauce pan and stir around with beef and peas
- Squeeze in about half the bottle of ketchup and stir until evenly coated, and test it. If it’s ketchupy enough for you, serve it up, but if you’re like me you’ll probably need more.
Wasn’t that simple? I decided to post this recipe for my roommate who loves all things covered in Ketchup. This just may have been invented for him. But I know I loved it growing up and still do, and hopefully you will too. Please let me know what you think!
I will post some pictures the next time I make it, until then, trust in the ketchup!